Vitiligo can be easily diagnosed from the way skin appears. In addition, your medical and family history will enable our doctors to confirm your diagnosis.
At Dr Batra's™, we scientifically evaluate each case of vitiligo under the wood's lamp to perform the following functions:
- accurately diagnose vitiligo;
- rule out fungal infections;
- measure the extent of the disease;
- detect early changes that are not visible to the naked eye; and
- monitor the response to the treatment.
Additionally, we have 3D-imaging device for the analysis and evaluation of skin health. The powerful diagnostic machine, based on advanced optical technology, has been developed by scientists in Dublin. It allows the skin to be viewed in two and three dimensions, and enables the multi-spectral analysis of the epidermis and dermis.
A quick scan by the 3D imaging device helps in the following ways:
- helps view the skin in two and three dimensions;
- effectively measures the size of white patches;
- finds patches that are deep beneath the skin and aren't visible to the naked eye
- helps save cost and time, as the treatment response is gauged much before it is visible to the naked eye.
Blood tests may be done for the following purposes:
- to check thyroid functions;
- to check for diabetes; and
- to rule out pernicious anaemia.