Eczema - FAQs
I take anti-allergics to control the itching due to eczema, but they cause a lot of drowsiness. Can homeopathy help?
Every time I wear any imitation jewellery, I get eczema. Please help.
I am using some ointment to control my eczema. Somehow, I find that my asthma increases each time my eczema gets better. Is this possible?
Can homeopathy help treat eczema?
Myths and facts
- Eczema is just dry skin.
Eczema is inflammation of the skin & not merely dry skin
- Eczema is caused by stress.
Stress can aggravate the existing eczema, but a direct role of stress causing eczema is not proven.
- You can catch eczema from your family members.
Eczema is not contagious. You can not catch it from anybody.
- Eczema can be treated with applying moisturisers and using the correct soaps.
Mere moisturising & using correct soaps will not treat eczema
- Eczemas persists throughout life.
Eczema can be treated and does not persist throughout life.
- Blood purification is done for eczema treatment.
Blood purification has nothing to do with eczema treatment.
- All eczemas are hereditary.
All eczemas are not necessarily hereditary. Some of them have a genetic predisposition.
- Cosmetics help reduce eczemas.
Cosmetics can aggravate eczemas and certainly do not cure them.
- Hand-washing helps to moisturise the hands.
Hand-washing leads to the stripping of natural oils and moisture from the skin, making it dry and irritated.
- Stopping particular food items will eliminate eczema.
Food habits have no relationship to eczema.