Female Sexual Health - Types
Types of sexual dysfunction in women:
Low sexual desire is also known as hypoactive sexual desire disorder:
- the most common form of sexual dysfunction in women;
- lack of or absence of sexual fantasies and desire for sexual activity; and
- diminished desire to participate and enjoy sexual activity.
Orgasmic disorder: finding difficulty in reaching orgasm after sufficient sexual stimulation affects a significant number of women.
Sexual pain disorder:
- Painful sexual intercourse - the pain can be in the genital area or deep inside the pelvis. The pain is sharp, burning or similar to menstrual cramps.
- Vaginismus - it is the spasm of the muscles around the vagina that leads to pain, making penile penetration impossible.